Wednesday, July 2, 2008

It took me 24 years to get this far...

In 23 days I will be 24 years old. 24. Wow. My life at 24 is not what I expected but then again I had never really put much thought into who I would be as an adult. I am a woman that is filled with pride, integrity, and courage. I love without hesitation and have found that the best decisions I've made have only come when I have learned to let go of any fear or insecurity I may have had. At 24 I'm still learning about the person I am and who I will be and I've also learned and developed stronger values and beliefs. My main focus is no longer work or possible future fortune, but it has completely shifted to my family (mainly my 2 wonderful children) and home. Although these are my main focus they do not define me as a person. Infact, I'm still not completely sure of who I am but I am confident that I have a clear picture of this girl and it's completely sufficient. My career has somewhat shifted into a new direction and I couldn't be happier about it. I'm still maintaining my web and designs skills but have pushed forward with my main passion - FOOD! I cook, bake, eat, sleep, and breathe food. As my delicious treats become increasingly popular and heavily desired I have no doubt in my mind that I am doing the right thing.

At 24 my life is full of ________. I still can't complete this sentence because I still can't find an appropriate word that could possibly describe all that I am feeling. I just know that as I enter my 24th year I am confident that the next cycle of my life can only get better with time. I am married to a wonderful man that can easily seduce me with his stamp and coin collections, I have two wonderful children that bring me so much pride and joy, and I live in a place that I love and truly embrace now. Life finally feels good. I remember only 7 years ago I was writing about how depressed and angry I was and sometimes I wish I could just hold that girl's hand and tell her that patience would be the key to her happiness.

What more can I say? My life finally feels right and for once I think it fits. I take the time to live, laugh, and love and appreciate and respect all these components equally. I have worked physically and mentally hard to get to this point and now I finally have the opportunity to enjoy it. At 24 I am no longer a tourist.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you're only going to be 24? i know it's only 2 years younger than me, but my goodness. you're amazing. you're wiser than your years. you're beautiful, and i adore you.

(and in case i forget in 23 days, happy early birthday!)