Friday, August 1, 2008

Updates of sorts?

I feel like I should probably update this place with actual updates. It's been a while since I actually revealed what's been going on in my life as well as our lives. I plan on writing a separate post about our travels if I have time, but for the moment I will just stick with what's current.

Our birthdays went well for the most part. We initially had intended for them to be private affairs but they didn't end up as we had planned. Ørjan gave me my birthday gift in bed - a wonderful new tripod. Since I had been trying to keep his gift(s) a secret for months I decided I couldn't hold it in any longer. The day itself wasn't fantastic with me being so sick but it wasn't a complete disappointment. Ørjan ended up inviting some friends and family over for the next day (the shared day between our birth dates when we usually do something) so I spent the evening preparing food. The next day was a success and wasn't nearly as much stress as I thought it would be. For Ørjan's birthday we did pretty much the same as we did for my birthday but I threw in a few extras that could possibly nominate me as the sweetest wife on the planet. He also insisted on not having a birthday cake so I made him something with the remaining brownie that I had left. We spent most of our time with our family and the kids and it's the only thing I really wished for.

Our vacation has almost come to an end. How did four weeks go by so quickly? I think we only managed to do half of the things we had planned. Due to some delays many of the renovations we had planned for our house are only half finished. This point is slightly disappointing but it's not like we have a strict deadline either. It just would have been nice to have accomplished these tasks during our vacation when we actually had the time.

For those readers that visit my blog on a daily basis (that means you Texas) but find few updates should visit my flickr account since I usually find myself updating much more over there. I do plan on updating more in the next little while when Magnus begins kindergarten/daycare in a couple of weeks and when I reopen my domain. I haven't really planned to bring back the earlier content but rather am hoping to post content that reflects my life now as a woman, mother, and wife. I plan to bring back film and product reviews, technology updates, and more photos.

No comments: